Our story began in 2006 with the incorporation of The Village of Spring Hill, Inc. Local residents and merchants had become increasingly concerned about the deterioration of the commercial core of the Spring Hill area. The all-volunteer grassroots organization was formed to effect positive change in the community.
- The Village of Spring Hill, Inc. was incorporated and the first Board of Directors was appointed.
- 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit status was approved.
- TVSH met with the Mayor, representatives of City Council, Mobile County, Alabama Senate and House to initiate an ALDOT grant for sidewalks to connect University Blvd. with McGregor on the South side of Old Shell Road.
- The first community meeting was held on March 16, 2006, with over 500 people attending.
- One hundred new oak trees were planted in the Village through the combined effort of City employees, paid labor and community volunteers.